Examination grants

2 mins

Our experts at DSR Tax Refunds know how hard it is to find good, quality information about HMRC’s tax regulations that is easy to understand, and that’s why we have created these handy guides to tell you everything you need to know. Our aim is to make life easier for our clients and that is why we want to share our expertise with you. You can also call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust.
Do you have to report examination grants to HMRC?
Basically, yes you do. If you award an examination grant to your employees then this does need to be reported to HMRC and additional tax and National Insurance will be applicable. For HMRC purposes, examination grants refer to one-off cash rewards that you, as an employer, give to your employees as a result of their examination success.
If you award examination grants to your employees, you need to report these on your P11D form. As far as HMRC are concerned, these awards count as earnings so they need to be added to your employee’s other earnings and then PAYE tax and National Insurance need to be deduced through your payroll.
How can DSR Tax Refunds help?
We aim to make life as simple as possible for our clients and that includes giving you the information you need to make your taxes (and your life) simpler and less stressful.  Our team of experts at DSR Tax Refunds are always on hand to help our clients and our excellent standing with HMRC means that we can make sure you don’t fall foul of their regulations, while claiming your maximum tax relief. We can even take care of all that paperwork and deal with HMRC on your behalf too. Call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust.
This page was last updated on 07/11/2018.

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return