Everything you need to know about tax refunds if you work within the armed forces.

Estimate Your Refund

total reclaimed

claims processed

5 minutes
time taken to claim

Are you an MOD employee? Whether you are posted overseas or living in barracks in the UK, as an MOD employee you are likely to be racking up expenses on your travel as well as other expenses. You might be unaware, but you can claim a tax refund on these costs. Our experts at DSR Tax Refunds are always on hand to help you maximise your tax refund so you aren’t left out of pocket any longer than you need to be. Our friendly team are on hand to talk you through the process so give us a call on 0330 122 9972 and let us get your claim started today. You could also check out our handy online calculator to see how much your refund could be worth. Many refunds can be backdated for up to 4 years so there’s no need to worry you’ve missed out. Our MOD tax refund section is jam packed full of information to help you get the most out of the tax refund process because we know how hard it can be to come across good, quality information about tax refunds. Whether you are looking for information about mileage tax relief or MOD accommodation rules, you’ve come to the right place. You can find out all about the information you will need to provide to make a claim, when you can and can’t claim a refund as well as what you need to know when you return to the UK from an overseas posting. Whether it is information on tax exemption rules or tips to avoid falling prey to refund ripoffs, you will find what you need to know here.

What Can I Claim For?

Work Uniform

If you are required to wear a uniform for work, you might be able to claim a tax refund if you are required to wash or repair your uniform yourself. You can even backdate this for up to four years if you haven’t claimed before. Get in touch to find out more or look at our handy calculator.

Union Fees & Membership

If you are a member of certain unions or professional organisations, you might be able to reclaim the cost of your fees or subscriptions. This is dependent on the union or organisation you are a member of – our friendly team can help you find out if you are eligible to claim.

Expenses & Mileage

If you pick up any work-related expenses while you do your job, you might be able to claim these as tax relief. If you are required to travel to a temporary workplace, you might even be eligible to claim your milage as tax relief. Get in touch with our team and see if you are able to claim back these expenses.

Calculate Your Refund With Our Handy Online Calculator

Our online calculator will be able to give you an idea of how much you might be able to claim as a tax refund with DSR Tax Refunds. It only takes a moment or two and gives you an immediate estimate.

Estimate Your Refund

Helpful Resources

Across our website you will find a selection of useful resources to help you better understand your taxes

“I would recommend DSR tax refunds ltd as they are professional and quick at their job.”

Mohammed Iftikhar

“Fantastic!! Made everything very clear and simple and carried out everything !”

Matthew Phair

“Excellent service and great communication though out would highly recommend”

Steve Finch