Food and groceries

2 mins

Our experts at DSR Tax Refunds know how hard it is to find good, quality information about HMRC’s tax regulations that is easy to understand, and that’s why we have created these handy guides to tell you everything you need to know. Our aim is to make life easier for our clients and that is why we want to share our expertise with you. You can also call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust.
Do you need to report food and grocery expenses to HMRC?
If you, as an employer, provide food or groceries (which have no resale value) to your employees or directors, you need to report this to HMRC. The cost of these items needs to be reported on your P11D form and you will need to pay Class 1A National Insurance on the cost of those items to you.
If the provision of food and groceries forms part of a salary sacrifice arrangement, and the amount of salary given up is greater than the cost of the food and grocery items, you need to report the salary amount to HMRC on your P11D instead. This only applies to salary sacrifice arrangements made after 6th April 2017.
How can DSR Tax Refunds help?
We aim to make life as simple as possible for our clients and that includes giving you the information you need to make your taxes (and your life) simpler and less stressful.  Our team of experts at DSR Tax Refunds are always on hand to help our clients and our excellent standing with HMRC means that we can make sure you don’t fall foul of their regulations, while claiming your maximum tax relief. We can even take care of all that paperwork and deal with HMRC on your behalf too. Call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust.
This page was last updated on 07/11/2018.

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return