Get help with tax

3 mins

Our experts at DSR Tax Refunds know how hard it is to find good, quality information about HMRC’s tax regulations that is easy to understand, and that’s why we have created these handy guides to tell you everything you need to know. Our aim is to make life easier for our clients and that is why we want to share our expertise with you. You can also call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust. Or you can check out our online calculator to see if you could be due a refund.
Where can you get help with your tax issues?
As you are probably already aware, our website has one of the largest collections of taxation information in the UK. Whether your query is about Self Assessment, Capital Gains Tax, tax codes, tax refunds or National Insurance, there’s a good chance that our team of experts have prepared one of our useful guides to help you.
However, our experts know that we can’t answer every single query you might have about taxes and how they relate to your personal situation. If we can’t help you, there are other places you can go to for help.
If you have a simple query, you can contact HMRC and ask for help. The number is 0300 200 3300 (textphone 0300 200 3319). If you need help with a simple issue, they can usually help you out. In addition, they have a lot of useful information on their website and downloadable forms. If you are having any issues with paying your tax bill on time, disagreeing with a tax decision or if you need help with your taxes because you have additional needs, HMRC should be your first port of call.
How can you get help if you have a low income?
If you are on a low income and HMRC can’t help you with your taxation issue, you might be eligible for free professional advice, including help to fill in any forms if they are too complex for you. They can also give you advice if you owe money to HMRC.
For older people over 60, you can get help from Tax Help for Older People. You can get help with your personal taxes from this organisation.
If you need help with business or personal tax and you have a low income, you can also get help from TaxAid.
Can friends or family help?
Yes, of course you can get help from friends or family if you are struggling with your taxes. You can give permission for a friend or family member to become what is known as a ‘trusted helper’, who can deal with HMRC on your behalf. They can help you to view your Income Tax estimate, talk to HMRC on your behalf and help you to fill in any forms. The responsibility for your taxes remains yours though, and if you fail to pay your taxes on time or submit your Self Assessment tax return on time, HMRC will consider that to be your fault and yours alone.
Can you hire a professional to help you with your taxes?
Yes, as far as HMRC are concerned, you have the right to appoint an accountant or tax adviser to help you with your taxes if necessary. Some professionals are able to help you with your Self Assessment tax return and can fill it in and submit it on your behalf. Our team of experts can help with Self Assessment tax return preparation, so you can give our friendly team a call today on 0330 122 9972 and get help now.
If you are having issues with Inheritance Tax or the taxes due when buying or selling property, you might need the help of a solicitor or legal adviser. The Law Society can help you find a solicitor, if you need legal help.
How can DSR Tax Refunds help?
We know that dealing with your taxes can be a complicated affair, even with our helpful guides to tell you everything you might need to know. It’s all very well reading about it and knowing what HMRC’s stand on it is – but how do you apply that to your own circumstances? It can seem like an absolute minefield but help is always available and you don’t need to battle through this alone. Our team of experts at DSR Tax Refunds are always on hand to help our clients and our excellent standing with HMRC means that we can make sure you don’t fall foul of their regulations, while claiming your maximum tax relief. We can even take care of all that paperwork and deal with HMRC on your behalf too. Call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust.
This page was last updated on 26/10/2018.

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return

You May Also Be Interested In

Our experts introduce the thorny subject of capital allowances and how to treat these in your tax return.