Get help with tax

3 mins

Our experts at DSR Tax Refunds know how hard it is to find good, quality information about HMRC’s tax regulations that is easy to understand, and that’s why we have created these handy guides to tell you everything you need to know. Our aim is to make life easier for our clients and that is why we want to share our expertise with you. You can also call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust.
Where can you get help to understand your taxes?
We totally understand how complicated taxes can seem and our experts appreciate that not everyone has our in-depth knowledge of taxes or our understanding of HMRC rules and regulations. There is no need to worry though, if you are struggling to understand something about your taxes, because help is always at hand. Not only are our friendly team able to help you, our website also provides many useful guides to all areas of taxes. Not only can we deal with HMRC on your behalf, we can also help you fill in your Self Assessment tax return.
There are also other places you can go to for help. HMRC offers many ways to help so if you have a query about your taxes, you can contact them. They also recommend that you contact them as soon as possible if you are having difficulties in paying your tax bill on time or you disagree with a tax decision. They can also help if you have additional needs which make it hard for you to do your taxes – if, for example, you have a disability or you don’t speak English very well.
If you are on a low income (less than around £380 per week) and HMRC can’t help you with your query, you might be able to access free professional advice – including help to fill in forms or getting an Income Tax estimate.  Contact TaxAid or Tax Help for Older People for more help.
What about trusted helpers?
If you have difficulty dealing with HMRC, you can nominate a friend or family member to be a ‘trusted helper’ who can deal with HMRC on your behalf. They can help you fill in forms or view your tax estimate. The responsibility for filing and paying your taxes still belongs to you though.
Are there any other ways to get help?
If you are struggling with matters relating to Inheritance Tax or with taxes related to property, you might need to contact a solicitor or legal adviser. The Law Society can help you choose a solicitor with the skills to help you.
How can DSR Tax Refunds help?
We aim to make life as simple as possible for our clients and that includes giving you the information you need to make your taxes (and your life) simpler and less stressful.  Our team of experts at DSR Tax Refunds are always on hand to help our clients and our excellent standing with HMRC means that we can make sure you don’t fall foul of their regulations, while claiming your maximum tax relief. We can even take care of all that paperwork and deal with HMRC on your behalf too. Call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust.
This page was last updated on 26/10/2018.

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return