How to get help with your tax

3 mins

Our experts at DSR Tax Refunds know how hard it is to find good, quality information about HMRC’s tax regulations that is easy to understand, and that’s why we have created these handy guides to tell you everything you need to know. Our aim is to make life easier for our clients and that is why we want to share our expertise with you. You can also call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust.
What help is available?
Not everyone finds HMRC’s tax rules and regulations as easy to understand and follow as we do and sometimes you need a little help in understanding what is what. Our experts have created these handy guides to help you deal with all aspects of your taxes, but where do you go if that isn’t enough? There are a few places you can turn to if you need help, including our friendly team of tax experts – call us on 0330 122 9972 if you are stuck and need help. Alternatively, you can find other sources of help in this guide.
How can HMRC help?
HMRC can help you if you have simple queries about any aspect of your taxes, such as your tax code or help and support with your Self Assessment tax return. They should also be your first port of call if the following applies
to you:

What if you are on a low income?
If you are on a low income (HMRC consider that to be under £380 a week) and HMRC can’t provide you with the help and advice you need, you might be able to get free professional advice. You can get free advice from the following organisations:

This help includes help to fill in forms as well as advising you what to do if you owe money to HMRC.
Can family or friends help?
If you are finding it difficult to deal with HMRC, you can give permission to a friend or family member to deal with HMRC on your behalf. You can nominate them to be a ‘trusted helper’. Not only can they deal with HMRC on your behalf, but they can also help you with filling in forms and viewing your Income Tax estimate.
What about professional help?
You can also appoint a professional to help you with your taxes, such as an accountant, a tax adviser or a tax preparation specialist just like our experts at DSR Tax Refunds. Many of these professionals can fill in your Self Assessment tax return for you as well as provide you with advice if you run your own business. If you need help with issues such as Inheritance Tax or the taxes involved with buying and selling property, you can also seek professional legal advice from a legal adviser or solicitor.
How can DSR Tax Refunds help?
We aim to make life as simple as possible for our clients and that includes giving you the information you need to make your taxes (and your life) simpler and less stressful.  Our team of experts at DSR Tax Refunds are always on hand to help our clients and our excellent standing with HMRC means that we can make sure you don’t fall foul of their regulations, while claiming your maximum tax relief. We can even take care of all that paperwork and deal with HMRC on your behalf too. Call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 – we’re the tax experts you can trust.
This page was last updated on 25/10/2018.

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return