Painters and decorators tax refunds

3 mins

If you are a painter or decorator, you might be wondering whether you are eligible for a tax refund. After all, there’s all this talk about construction workers – what about you? We at DSR Tax Refunds are pleased to let you know that you too could be eligible for a tax refund and that refund could be backdated for up to four years. This helpful guide should tell you all you need to know about tax refunds for painters and decorators. Check out our handy online calculator too, and if it shows that you could be eligible for a refund, call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 and let us sort it all out for you.

What expenses can you claim for?

Our expert team have found that travel expenses make up a large part of the tax rebate claims for painters and decorators. If you are travelling to a temporary workplace (which, according to HMRC is one that lasts less than 24 months) then you are entitled to claim for your travel expenses. Whether you use your own vehicle or public transport, if you are left out of pocket by your work journey, you can claim those costs back from HMRC. If your employer already pays you a travel allowance to take account of your travel expenses, you can claim the difference if it is below the HMRC approved mileage rates (currently set at 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles and 25p per mile afterwards).

Travel expenses aren’t the end of it though. You could also be able to claim for the following expenses:

These costs can all add up and leave you out of pocket, but our tax specialists are experts at making sure that we claim every penny that you are entitled to claim so call our expert team on 0330 122 9972 and let’s get started on your refund.

And if you are self-employed?

Our specialist team are experts at maximising refunds under the CIS scheme so we can make sure that we claim everything you are entitled to. If you are self-employed, you are likely to have incurred even more expenses as a result of running your own business – from capital expenditure on equipment to office and admin costs. Call our expert team on 0330 122 9972 and let us get you your maximum refund.

What happens now?

If our online calculator shows that you could be due a refund, call our friendly and professional team on 0330 122 9972 and let’s get started on your rebate claim. We sort out all of the paperwork for you and deal with HMRC on your behalf so you don’t have all the hassle. We only claim what you are entitled to and not a penny more so you don’t need to worry that you will have HMRC on your back, wanting your refund back – our refunds are 100% HMRC-safe. And once we have submitted your claim to HMRC, the money could be back in your account within 21 days so you don’t need to be out of pocket any longer than necessary.

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return

You May Also Be Interested In

Our experts have collected an extensive range of handy informational resources across a number of common taxation areas. If you can’t find what you are looking for here, check out our Resources section.