Tax refunds for scaffolders

3 mins

If you work as a scaffolder then you might be wondering whether you are entitled to claim a tax refund. There’s a lot of information out there about construction workers but less so for those who work in the scaffolding industry. That is why our team of experts at DSR Tax Refunds have created this handy guide just for you, because we know how hard it can be to find good, quality information about tax out there and we want to share our expertise with you. You could also check out our handy online calculator to see what you might be able to claim, or call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 and let us get you your maximum rebate fast.

What can you claim for?

Our expert tax preparation specialists at DSR Tax Refunds have found that travel expenses make up a large part of the tax refunds that those in the scaffolding industry are entitled to. It doesn’t matter whether you are a gang supervisor or a scaffold erector, if you have to travel to a temporary workplace as a part of your job then you are entitled to claim those costs back as tax relief. HMRC designate a site as a temporary workplace if it lasts for less than 24 months. Whether you use your own car or van or public transport to travel there, you are entitled to claim those costs back.

HMRC approved mileage rates are 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles and 25p per mile for travel above that and you can backdate your claim for up to four years if you are eligible. If your employer pays you an allowance towards your mileage costs but it is below the HMRC mileage allowance then that’s no problem, you can claim the difference.

And if your temporary workplace means an overnight stay, you could claim for your food and accommodation costs too. Call our helpful team on 0330 122 9972 and we will let you know how to begin your claim.

There are other expenses that you could be able to claim for too. If the following apply to you, they could make up part of your tax refund:

If you are left out of pocket by providing anything that is necessary for you to do your job then you could potentially claim those expenses back as tax relief.

If you are self-employed?

Not only can you claim for the above expenses, but any other expense you might incur as a result of running your business. You can offset those costs against any tax you owe to HMRC. Our experts will help you claim every penny you are entitled to so call us on 0330 122 9972 and let us get your claim started.

So, what happens now?

If you work in the scaffolding industry and you think you are owed a rebate, call our expert team on 0330 122 9972 and we will do all of the hard work for you. We take care of all of the paperwork as well as deal with HMRC on your behalf. And once you claim has been submitted to HMRC, your money could be back in your account within 21 days where it belongs.

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return

You May Also Be Interested In

Our experts have collected an extensive range of handy informational resources across a number of common taxation areas. If you can’t find what you are looking for here, check out our Resources section.