Tax refunds for electricians

3 mins

What about us electricians, you might be thinking, aren’t we eligible for a tax refund? Our team of tax preparation specialists at DSR Tax Refunds are delighted to tell you that you too could be eligible for a tax refund if you have been left out of pocket by your business expenses. We know how hard it is to come across good, quality information about taxation matters on the internet and that is why our experts created this helpful guide to tell you everything you need to know about tax refunds for electricians. Check out our handy online calculator too – it can show you if you might be eligible for a refund – or call our friendly team on 0330 122 9972 and let us get you your maximum rebate fast.

So, what can you claim for?

Wherever you work in the electrical industry, whether as an electrical engineer or a maintenance electrician, you could be eligible for a tax refund on any of your out of pocket expenses. Our experts at DSR Tax Refunds have found that travel costs make up a large part of the tax refunds claimed by electricians. If you have to travel to a temporary workplace as a part of your job then you are entitled to claim those costs back as tax relief. HMRC designate a site as a temporary workplace if it lasts for less than 24 months. Whether you use your own car or van or public transport to travel there, you are entitled to claim those costs back.

HMRC approved mileage rates are 45p per mile for the first 10,000 miles and 25p per mile for travel above that and you can backdate your claim for up to four years if you are eligible. If your employer pays you an allowance towards your mileage costs but it is below the HMRC mileage allowance then that’s no problem, you can claim the difference.

And if your temporary workplace means an overnight stay, you could claim for your food and accommodation costs too. Call our helpful team on 0330 122 9972 and we will let you know how to begin your claim.

There are other expenses that you could be able to claim for too. If the following apply to you, they could make up part of your tax refund:

If you are a self-employed electrician?

As well as the above expenses, you will be eligible for tax relief on other expenses that you incur as a part of running your business, whether they are from capital expenditure on necessary equipment or the costs of running a home office. Call our expert team on 0330 122 9972 and they will help you claim every penny you are entitled to.

What happens now?

If you are an electrician and are eligible for a tax refund, call our team of tax preparation experts on 0330 122 9972 and let us take the hassle out of your claim, DSR Tax Refunds deal with all of the paperwork as well as dealing with HMRC on your behalf. All our refunds are 100% HMRC-safe as we only claim what you are entitled to and not a penny more, and better still, as soon as we submit your claim to HMRC the money could be back in your bank account within 21 days.

Call our experts

Let’s get started on your tax rebate or self-assessment return

You May Also Be Interested In

Our experts have collected an extensive range of handy informational resources across a number of common taxation areas. If you can’t find what you are looking for here, check out our Resources section.